It was somewhere over the horizon… now it’s here! Waves Audio has announced the availability of V11, the new version of Waves plug-ins. They say that by updating to V11, users “benefit from future-proofing” their sessions, ensuring continued compatibility with the latest DAWs and operating systems (including macOS 10.15 Catalina). As part of the V11 package, Waves have also announced a new improved version of Waves Central, the application that installs and manages your Waves licenses across different devices, “streamlining” Waves Central for a more intuitive (aka less baffling) license management experience. Waves recommend that if the computer you are using is used by multiple users (for example in a commercial studio or school system), you run Waves Central’s Version Organizer after moving licenses, to make sure your license version/s and the installed software version/s are aligned.
Resolution reminds audio pros that Waves does not “force” users to update to V11 or purchase WUP plans to continue to use already-purchased plug-ins. V9, V10 and V11 plug-ins can all run on the same system, as long as you don’t install two or more versions of the same plug-in. Each plug-in should be installed as either V9 or V10 or V11, but not more than one version.
V11 licenses can activate V9 and V10 software. Only one licence manager is needed. Once your licenses are activated (to your computer or USB device), install your plugins using an offline installer from the V9 Legacy Downloads page or the V10 Legacy Downloads page . If you need to install V9 software, you can do so using a dedicated V9 offline installer, available on the V9 Legacy Downloads page. If you wish to install V10 software, you can do so either by creating an offline installer for V10 plugins, or using a dedicated offline installer available on the V9 V10 Legacy Downloads page.
New features in V11
- Full ongoing compatibility with the latest major DAWs & operating systems (including macOS 10.15 Catalina).
- New updated versions of all eight Renaissance plugins, including:
- Freshly designed interfaces with three skin choices: Light, Dark, and Legacy
- Real-time frequency analyzers added to the R-EQ and R-Channel plugins
- Complete revision of the R-Channel user interface for more intuitive usage of the channel strip plugin
- 700+ new presets by leading artists
- Free plugins added to selected premium bundles:
- Platinum: OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric
- Diamond: OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric, Cobalt Saphira
- Horizon: OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric, WLM Plus Loudness Meter
- Mercury, Pro Show, SD7 Pro Show: Infected Mushroom Pusher
- Plugin performance improvements: see full list.
- Access to all other plugin updates since V10.
- 1400+ artist presets added to plugins: see full list.
- EQ Curve support on Pro Tools and Avid S6 for the AudioTrack, eMo F2, eMo Q4, F6, GEQ, H-EQ, Linear Phase EQ, Q10, R-EQ, R-Channel, RS56 plugins.
- Set any preset as default preset in all plugins.
- NKS support added to 43 Waves plugins for compatibility with Native Instruments hardware: see full list of NKS-ready plugins.